CHITIKA TEST

Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Magic of Thinking Big

I read The Magic of Thinking Big when I was a sophomore in college.

As leaders, we need to create, develop and share a vision for the direction we want to go. Personally, I think the hardest part is sharing the vision, or "vision casting." But you can't cast the vision until you know what it is.

The author, David J. Schwartz, believes that the bigger you think, the bigger you live. As leaders, I think we need big visions. The bigger the vision, the more attractive it is to others and they will want to come and join with us. As a sophomore in college, the concept, was way outside my scope of reason. But now, many years later, I have seen this principle in action and I believe in it's true.

The Magic of Thinking Big has 13 great chapters. But by far, my favorite was the first chapter. Schwartz presents Three Guides to Help You Develop the Power of Belief:


  1. Think success, don't think failure.
  2. Remind yourself regularly that you are better than you think you are.
  3. Believe big.
Chapter 2 is pretty good, too, the four most common excuses for not being successful are dealt with:
  1. "But my health isn't good."
  2. "But you've got to have brains to succeed."
  3. "It's no use. I'm too old (or too young)."
  4. "But my case is different; I attract bad luck."
Actually, all the chapters are excellent. I recommend you buy the book and find out for yourself!
The Magic of Thinking Big
by David J. Schwartz.





No comments: